"This is precious love and its teaching me everything I need to know."
- james morrison

Friday, July 24, 2009

Baby Library!

Allison's very first books have arrived!

Its extremely important to me to have our baby exposed to reading and books at a very early age, especially since I am such an avid reader. Although as an infant she won't understand what they are, having them in her environment and reading to her (if only just to hear our voices) is one of the ways I would like to bond with our baby. Hopefully she will grow a passion for reading and books like her mommy! I'm still on the quest for the type of bookshelf or display I want to start off with but went ahead and ordered baby books so I could have them on hand throughout the next year, while we continue to grow her little library. I chose some of the classics and also books recommended by little cutie/bookworm, Annabel.


I was the most excited to finally be able to use these precious book stickers that say "From the Library of Allison Nara John" that we received as a gift, all the way from San Diego.

How did she know?

These adorable book stickers melt my heart each time I see them. Not sure why but it mean so much to me to be able to label each book and make them our baby's own.

These stickeres are simply handmade with kindness and love, courtesy of gracie k. designs.
Thank you so very much.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE them!! what a great idea! the sticker looks awesome and she's already got tons of books. awww, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good job! I love children's books! And I love the little book plates!

    Please let me know if you'd like me to make you more! They are so easy to make!!! Glad you love them.

    ReplyDelete